Employment Opportunity: Hospital Technician
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, Equine Veterinarian, PA
Employment start date: May 1, 2016, Part-Time/Permanent in Oldwick, NJ
BW Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 13 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 3 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, stallion collection station, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a rehabilitation center. Employees of the practice are highly self-motivated, out-going, problem solvers, and always willing to do what is best for the patients.
- Provide treatment for hospital cases
- Care for patients, including, but not limited to, grooming, feeding, mucking out, cleaning feed & water buckets, and turning out
- Assist with emergency admissions
- Tech for emergency surgery
- Track care and treatment in medical records
- Assist in maintenance of hospital grounds
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Background in equine care, background of working in a hospital-atmosphere providing treatment is preferred
- Exceptional horse handling skills
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Technologically proficient
- Ability to work independently
- Capable of handling patient emergency situations
- An outstanding work ethic and self-drive
- Capable of heavy lifting, including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
The position is for 3 weekends/month Saturday & Sunday 7:30-5p, and every Friday 11a-8p. The ideal candidate will then shift to 2 weekends/month during the school year. Employee will be required to be on-call one night a week. Benefits include hourly pay commensurate with experience and discounted veterinary services and products.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Adam Furlong, Project Manager, at email@example.com.