Employment Opportunity: Weekend Hospital Technician
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, Equine Veterinarian, PA
Employment start date: December 1, Part Time (20 hours a week) in Oldwick, NJ
BW Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice located in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 13 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 4 that practice in Florida and Virginia. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The practice consists of an ambulatory practice, full service hospital and internal medicine specialist, standing MRI, stallion collection station, lab, and imaging. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a RLT Therapeutic Laser System. Employees of the practice are highly self-motivated, out-going, problem solvers, and always willing to do what is best for the patients.
- Provide treatment for hospital cases
- Care for patients, including, but not limited to, grooming, feeding, mucking out, cleaning feed & water buckets, and turning out
- Assist with emergency admissions
- Tech for emergency surgery
- Track care and treatment in medical records
- Assist in maintenance of hospital grounds
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Background in equine care
- Background of working in a hospital-atmosphere providing treatment is preferred
- Exceptional horse handling skills
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Technologically proficient
- Ability to work independently
- Capable of handling patient emergency situations
- An outstanding work ethic and self-drive
- Capable of heavy lifting, including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
Hours are Friday, 12pm – 5pm, Saturday & Sunday, 8am – 5pm. Work every Friday of the month + all but 1 weekend of the month. Some holiday coverage required. Additional hours may be available.
Benefits include hourly pay commensurate with experience and discounted veterinary services and products.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Adam Furlong, Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org